Online Library Exercise and Annotated Bibliography
Description:The assignment will help the student begin to identify research questions and the strategies to answer the question from the week 3 assignment.
Part 1: Go to the
APUS Online Library
and watch the following videos.
Navigating Your APUS Library
Get to Know Your Trefry Library
- Trefry Library Tour | 2:58Take a quick navigational tour of your Library
- Defining the LibraryAn interactive glossary of terms commonly used in the library
- Finding Books Using a Primo Search | 2:18Learn how to use Primo to find books for your research.
- Finding Articles Using a Primo Search | 2:09Learn how to tailor your Primo search using filters, how to access full-text, and how to save resources for later use.
- Finding Articles Using Subscription Databases |3:31Learn how to find and choose the best database to search for relevant research on your topic.
- Finding Journals Using a Primo Search | 2:30Learn how to track down a specific journal or full text to a specific article.
- Finding Scholarly Resources Using Google Scholar | 2:14Learn how to use Google Scholar to find scholarly resources on the open web.
- Search WorldCat | 0:59Learn how to search for books (and more!) in libraries near you.
Subject Specific Research
- Researching Federal Legislation Using Congress.gov | 4:31
- GIS for Public Policy | 13:30This is an introductory video that discusses how GIS (geographic Information Systems) can be used in the field of Public Policy.
- Introduction to Nexis Uni | 6:09
- Legal Writing and Citing Resources | 4:15
Part 2: Annotated Bibliography
Using the library, locate two articles from journals of interest (eg. American Journal of Public Health)germane to your research project due in week 8.
Complete the Annotated Bibliographies for two scholarly sources. This is a formal bibliography that includes citations of sources with summary and evaluation information for each source. The emphasis is on finding accurate, reliable sources and providing a clear summary and evaluation for each source. Please see attached for examples on how to complete the Annotated Bibliography.
If you need any help, the librarians will answer questions and help you find what you need.
Impact of diabetes on healthcare cost
Diabetes is considered one of the most expensive and chronic condition in the US. impact
our health care. It is 2.3 times higher than the average of medical expenses of a person
with no diabetes. This increased the burden of health care cost dramatically.
Encouraging and providing education and support towards family and patients for the
potential best steps of knowledge and skills to follow in order to manage their diabetes.
a. Type 1 and type 2 diabetes and insulin treatment.
b. All types of insulin.
1. Short-acting Regular (Insulin)
2. Rapid Acting Insulin
3. Intermediate acting (NPH)
4. Long-Acting Insulin
c. Diets and nutritional cost for diabetes type 1 and 2
d. Glucose monitoring devices
e. Lancets and lancing devices
f. Other medical supplies needed. (Pens, needles, alcohol swabs etc.)
g. How to prevent type 2 diabetes to reduce costs.
Both diabetes can lead to other certain such as heart disease, stroke, kidney failure, blindness,
and lower-limb amputation. Therefore, we are encouraging all type of education to patients in
order to avoid further and worst out comes.