- a new assignment: a white paper of “My Thoughts of CoVID-19”. Here is the requirements:Short scientific research report that discusses a particular issue and suggests what should be done, 2 pagesSee definition of Whitepaper belowContents:Your understanding of current CoVID-19 issues and problemsWhat can you do, or what do you wish to do if you are the healthcare professional in one of following area, hospital emergency room, or medical devise for the test kids, or pharmaceutical R&D, or pharmaceutical manufacture?
- What should we do to prevent such worldwide spray of other outbreak in future?
- This is a good practice for your publications in your professional career
- This Whitepaper will be due on March 24, 2020
Information from “
Wikipedia (Links to an external site.)
Since the early 1990s, the term “white paper”, or “whitepaper”, has been applied to documents used as marketing or sales tools in business. These white papers are long-form content designed to promote the products or services from a specific company. As a marketing tool, these papers use selected facts and logical arguments to build a case favorable to the company sponsoring the document. B2B (business-to-business) white papers are often used to generate sales leads, establish
thought leadership (Links to an external site.)
, make a business case, or inform and persuade prospective customers, channel partners, journalists, analysts, or investors.
White papers are considered to be a form of
content marketing (Links to an external site.)
inbound marketing (Links to an external site.)
; in other words, sponsored content available on the web with or without registration, intended to raise the visibility of the sponsor in search engine results and thus build web traffic. Many B2B white papers argue that one particular
technology (Links to an external site.)
product (Links to an external site.)
or method is superior to others for solving a specific business problem. They may also present research findings, list a set of questions or tips about a certain business issue, or highlight a particular product or service from a vendor.
 (Links to an external site.)
There are, essentially, three main types of commercial white papers:
- Backgrounder: Describes the technical or business benefits of a certain vendor’s offering; either a product, service, or methodology. This type of white paper is best used to supplement a product launch, argue a business case, or support a technical evaluation at the bottom of the sales funnel (Links to an external site.).
- Numbered list: Presents a set of tips, questions, or points about a certain business issue. This type is best used to get attention with new or provocative views, or cast aspersions on competitors.
- Problem/solution: Recommends a new, improved solution to a nagging business problem. This type is best used to generate leads at the top of the sales funnel, build mind share (Links to an external site.), or inform and persuade stakeholders, building trust and credibility in the subject. (Links to an external site.)
While a numbered list may be combined with either other type, it is not workable to combine the detailed product information of a backgrounder with the industry-wide perspective of a problem/solution white paper.