write a critical appraisal that demonstrates comprehension of two qualitative research studies.
For this assignment, use the nursing practice problem and two qualitative peer-reviewed research articles you identified in Topic 1 (or two new articles based on instructor feedback in Topic 1). In a 1,000-1,250-word essay, summarize two qualitative studies.
Research Critique Guidelines – Part I
Use this document to organize your essay. Successful completion of this assignment requires that
you provide a rationale, include examples, and reference content from the studies in your
1. Introduce your nursing practice problem and discuss the purpose of your paper.
2. State your PICOT question.
Background of Studies
1. Summary of studies including problem, significance to nursing, purpose, objective, and
How Do These Two Articles Support the Nursing Practice Problem You Chose?
1. Discuss how these two articles will be used to answer your PICOT question.
2. Describe how the interventions and comparison groups in the articles compare to those
identified in your PICOT question.
Method of Studies
1. State the methods of the two articles you are comparing and describe how they are
2. State one benefit and one limitation of each method you have identified.
Results of Studies
1. Summarize the key findings of each study in one or two comprehensive paragraphs.
2. What are the implications of the two studies in nursing practice?
1. Discuss two ethical considerations in conducting research.
2. Describe how the researchers in the two articles you choose took these ethical
considerations into account while performing their research.
1. Your conclusion should summarize the main points in the essay, including a varied
restatement of the thesis.
© 2022. Grand Canyon University. All Rights Reserved.