Week 4: Quantitative and Qualitative Summary_(Abstract)This week, you will submit summaries of quantitative and qualitative studies. The purpose of this assignment is to become familiar with published research,
research designs, and methodologies. For the assignment, you will select one quantitative research study and one qualitative study related to the field of nursing
and write a summary of each study. Each summary must be accurate, succinct, and clear. These articles should be somewhat related to your PICOT questions.
Ensure the following questions are addressed in each summary:
1. What type of research is it (quantitative, qualitative, and design)?
2. What was the research question(s) or hypothesis?
3. What is the sample, the sample size, and sample attributes?
4. What was the setting of the study?
5. What were the researcher’s findings? (Identify one.)
You must submit the research study articles along with your summaries.
• Each summary should be between 150–250 words.
Use current APA format to style your paper and to cite your sources.
Review the rubric for further information on how your assignment will be graded.
Due Sunday, 11:59 p.m. (Pacific time)
Need APA Help? Visit the Student Resources tab or the WCU Library tab at the top of this page.
Search. Rapid Critical Appraisal, and Summarization
patients. This is because of ule IUSS DI SICUP, WHICH WU HII JIU
during the day, which have a negative impact on cognition.
1. For workers in the nursing profession, can flexible shifts compared to fixed time shifts or
work schedules influence the quality of patient care in three months?
2. In acute care facilities, do nursing staff working for longer shifts (above 12 hours)
without rest compared to those going for short shifts experience increased incidences
fatigue resulting in adverse care to patients over time?
3. Among the critical care nurses, what is the impact of the introduction of a 12-hour shift
over the flexible shift or 8-hour shift on patient outcomes in a week?