In no less than 3+ written pages (double space), describe your personal history of nutrition and eating. Use the questions below to guide your writing, and you are encouraged to go beyond this list.
- What is your first memory of eating? What were your first favorite foods? Were any foods restricted when you were young?
- What messages did you get about food when you were young? (good/bad foods? This food will make you hyper/strong/etc.) Where did these messages come from (parents, siblings, school, doctor, etc.)?
- How and where did you eat as a child? (in the car, never at restaurants, in front of the TV/computer?)
- How would you describe your eating now?
- What influences what and how you eat now?
- How do you think what you were told and exposed to as a young person has impacted your attitude/mental models* towards food and eating?
- Are you trying to make any changes in your eating behaviors? How long have you been working on these changes?
If applicable, what strengths do you bring to this class (background in biology, work at a grocery store)?