1. FYI –UMGC now submit your Midterm to Turnitin.com automatic I do not accept more than 25% similarities.
2. Post your Midterm to your Midterm Examination module (see below).
If you have any questions, please post them in the “Questions to the Professor” discussion thread or send an e-mail (for communicating personal issues) to your instructor.
Using 1,800-2,000 words, write an individual research paper on the project you have chosen for Activities 1-6. and answer the following questions.
As a minimum, the research paper will include the following areas:
- What is the background of your problem statement?
- Why did you select the specific problem statement?
- The decision to perform an acquisition is heavily influenced by how it relates to an organization’s strategic business goals. Explain why you think the acquisition you are detailing in your submitted Activities potentially supports the strategic business goals of the organization.
- Risk analysis is a critical part of the acquisition process and is often not done very well. Looking back at the risks you identified for your submitted project, which ones do you believe would be most likely to be identified and accurately measured, and which ones either less likely to be identified at all or measured correctly. Explain why. Does your analysis allow you to draw general conclusions on the type of risk that would be likely to be overlooked or mis-analyzed in future projects you might work on?
- Most scenarios submitted for your alternative solutions included either a COTS product or a SaaS-based solution. Gartner is a top analyst that provides great insights on IT solutions across a wide range of business needs. Go to http://www.gartner.com/technology/home.jsp go to the https://www.gartner.com/en/products/special-reports or leverage on another research database to look at articles related to the IT solution you are acquiring and share the analysis on key vendors, product trends, and market potential. This one example if you have a problem access to the information. Research site like oracle https://www.oracle.com/applications/what-is-saas/
- In Session 5 lecture notes, under the heading Commercial Acquisitions, there are references to three readings. Determine if any of them apply to your project. If so, why? If not, why not?
NOTE: This is a research paper, not a Q&A session. The questions above are intended to be used as guidelines for your research paper.
Additional format information about this research paper APA format.
- Double spaced
- Word count only applies to the content of the paper, excluding abstract, table of content (if included), and references.
- Cite at least twelve (12) references in APA format
APA format is mandatory.