Due Tomorrow at 11 pm
Please read ALL directions below before starting your assignment. You may find it helpful to print a copy and cross off or highlight as you complete each expectation. Good luck!
HRMN300 Assignment 2 – Summer/Fall 2022
· Please submit your assignment as an attachment in your assignments folder.
· Your assignment cannot be accepted via messages or email.
· You must submit to the assignment link by the due date stated in the syllabus for credit.
A missing assignment will be assigned a 0.
· Respond to all three questions below on a new, blank word processing document (such as MS Word).
· Develop each answer to the fullest extent possible, discussing the nuances of each topic and presenting your arguments logically.
· In addition, include citations
from the class content resources in weeks 1-6 to support your arguments.
· Each answer should be robust and developed in-depth.
· You are expected to demonstrate critical thinking skills as well as an understanding of the issues identified. Some questions may also require personal reflection and practical application Your responses will be evaluated for content as well as grammar and punctuation.
· All writing must be your original work.
PLEASE do not copy or quote
Sources are just that, a reference. Once you locate the information, read and interpret the data. What does it mean to you? Type your own thoughts and own words. Then,
include in-text citations to support your ideas.
This is not a research paper.
· Include a Cover Page with Name, Date, and Title of Assignment.
· Do not include the original question, only the question number.
· Each response should be written in
complete sentences, double-spaced and spell-checked. Use 12-point Times New Roman font with 1-inch margins on all sides. Include page numbers according to APA formatting guidelines.
· In addition, you will want to include citations in APA format
at the end of each answer. Include a minimum of 3 references for each answer. References must be from class materials.
Training and development are not always mutually exclusive, though they do have a different focus. Though training programs tend to be focused on improving employee performance in a current job, they may also be preparing employees for future assignments/jobs. In your own words, describe and
provide at least one example of each of the following:
a) the difference between employee development and training programs;
b) how training programs can be used to support employee development;
c) how training and development support career planning.
A) What is the human resource manager’s role in a career development program? What is the manager’s role in a career development program? Discuss who you believe to be primarily responsible for employees’ career success and why. What factors may be involved? Support your position with specific examples and evidence.
B) What are some challenges that organizations may face in creating and implementing a career development program? Discuss at least
A) Mentoring and coaching are two different types of relationships used to develop employees. Discuss (compare and contrast) the roles of mentor and coach. How are they similar? How are they different? How are they relevant to the career development process? Do you believe these programs should be formal or informal and why?
B) Discuss your experience with or observation of coaching and mentoring. How does your organization use coaching and mentoring programs to support the talent management strategy? Did you (or would you) find them effective in helping you achieve your career goals? How so?