In order to effectively lobby for or against an issue of concern, the professional nurse must be able to be perceived as informed, professional, and politically aware. This assignment is intended to help you sharpen those skills and perhaps even make an actual change in your community.
In a letter to your Legislature Representative, you will choose an issue of concern (in support or in opposition) in your community (state of Florida) that is in an obvious way connected to health care. Outline how you feel this issue impacts the citizens in your community and suggest a way to improve or change this issue. Include some research that supports your suggestions for improvement or change.
- FNA letter writing tipsLinks to an external site.
- Effective Communication with your RepresentativeLinks to an external site.
- Exemplar- How to write a letter to congressLinks to an external site.
- Tips for effective letter writing to congressLinks to an external site.
Locating Your Representatives
- United States House of RepresentativesLinks to an external site.
- Directory of RepresentativesLinks to an external site.
- How to Contact your Elected OfficialsLinks to an external site.
- The Florida Senate FAQLinks to an external site.
Nursing Legislative Interests
- FNA IssuesLinks to an external site.Links to an external site.