Statisticsshow that most teenagers don’t understand STIs or how to prevent their spread. To help address this, you will research and produce a brochure, OR a poster about STIs which should be informative and interesting for teenagers.
internet (Links to an external site.)
there are hundreds of sources to help you find reliable sources of factual information to help you complete this assignment.
- create your brochure or a mini Poster out of a single sheet of Letter size paper,
- be creative in developing the final product and use computer graphics programs to make it.
- make your final product brief and easy to understand using only factual information from reliable sources.
- include images that will inform your readers. Make sure the images are from reliable sources too!
- include a bibliography for information and images (1 list remember!). It should be the last thing the readers see on your final product.
Brochure: Your final product should cover:
- An introduction/attention grabber to STDs for the teenage audience
- A brief description of the 4 most common STIs ?(This must include Chlamydia, Herpes, HPV(genital warts), HIV, Gonorrhoea, Syphilis, Pubic lice or Trichomoniasis)
- What are the signs and symptoms of each STI?
- How is each STI treated? (Is it curable?)
- What are the long term health problems if left untreated for each STI?
- How is each of them transmitted
- Give a detailed list of prevention tips? (At least eight)
- Interesting facts, statistics, or use of charts etc..
After the final product is complete, please submit
REMEMBER ==> Your target readers are teens!