All the instructions is in the attached documents.
Keep it Simple Please.
Week 13: Occupational Health
*Numbers correlate with end of chapter questions
4. What are two of the most common occupational illnesses (as opposed to injuries) found in
private industry? What are the causal factors for these conditions? (1/4 point)
5. The following is a list of occupationally associated diseases and injuries. Describe the work
settings in which they may be encountered and the types of adverse health outcomes they
produce: (1/2 point)
a. microbial agents
b. toxic chemicals and metals
c. repetitive motion
e. work-related stress
8. In your own words, describe methods for preventing occupational fatalities. (1/4 point)
9. What are the five leading causes of nonfatal occupational injuries? What can be done to
prevent such injuries? (1/2 point)
11. Even though workers in professional occupations usually are not exposed directly to
hazardous agents, they are prone to occupationally associated illness. (1/2 point)
a. What types of hazards predominate in professional occupations?
b. What illnesses are associated with these hazards?
c. What interventions would you propose to mitigate these hazards?