INTERPRETATION OF THE TERMS
- “Personal data” means any information that relates to you alone or together with other fragments of information that permit the person collecting and processing the information to distinguish you as an individual.
- “Processing of personal data” is any activity with your personal data, through automated means or not, such as use, consultation, retrieval, alteration or adaptation, storage, structuring, organization, recording, collection, disclosure by dissemination, transmission, or else making available, restriction, combination or alignment, destruction or erasure.
- “Data subject” means any recognizable or recognized natural person whose personal data is handled by the processing controller. It refers to you as the Website Customer.
- “Consent of the data user/subject” is any informed, specific, freely given, and unambiguous indication of the data user/subject’s desires by which they, by explicit affirmative action or a statement, demonstrate agreement to the handling of personal data concerning them.
- “Website” refers to HOMEWORKGIANTS.COM, mobile application, and mobile Website.
Other terms, such as Company, Expert, Customer, etc., are described in our Terms and Conditions.
Each time you use the Website, we gather log information and install cookies on your browsing device, which are used to monitor your activity on the Website. You can ignore cookies except those that the Website cannot function without.
When you register as a Customer, we might collect from you and handle Cookie data and identifiers you give us upon registration, such as device type, IP address, time zone, phone number, email, last name, and first name.
Precisely, if you are an Expert, we might also collect and process, other than the information mentioned before, additional data offered by you, including education experience, city of residence, year of birth, gender, and zip code.
We only process personal data on lawful grounds.
DATA WE GATHER: SCOPE
The Company obtains from you the information below and only for the below-described purposes:
- Customer Account
The Company gathers and handles personal data provided by you after registration and additional editing of your account settings.
For registration purposes, you must provide the following essential information: your email address and password. The other information (date of birth, phone number, first and last name) is additional. You are allowed to edit your Account details with extra information anytime. Similarly, you do not have to provide extra information not particularly necessary for the registration.
We do not take responsibility for any outcomes brought about by you sharing personal information with the Experts.
- Experts Account
The Company gathers and processes personal data tendered by Experts when registering on the Website. For registration purposes, Experts tender their CV, passport data, email address and password, documents confirming payment data and education, and sometimes, billing address.
- Order Details
The Company gathers and processes your order details, which includes all the information you provide while filling out the order form. The same applies to the information shared by the Expert through Messaging System and the homework instructions.
- Posting of Information
We process the data that you freely submit on the Website. The information may be a survey you fill out or feedback you give us. The particulars of our communication entail any information you submit when you contact the customer support team for inquiries and to solve any potential problems.
Also, the Company processes information you submit (including messages and content) that you post through/on our Website, which includes personally identifiable information. By doing this, you agree that any information you share with the Services will be accessible by the Experts and the Website. You also agree that sections of your content cannot be erased as they may be related to the Services offered and used by the Experts.
Unless you opt out, we keep this information essential to provide customer support, resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems as the law permits.
- Cookies, Service Use, and Other Related Technologies
If you accept cookies on our Website and want to disable or change them, use the instructions below for your browser.
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Billing Information
When you make payment for a service on our Website, you give us the payment and additional information about you. Please note that we do not gather, process, or store your payment card information or other payment-related details on our Website. We send the information to third-party payment providers. Short of this information, the Company would be unable to bill and provide the Service you select.
Similarly, for purposes of financial and tax reporting, we keep for certain period information about:
- The Customer’s first and last name.
- Their card’s last four digits.
- The transaction number.
- Sometimes the mobile number.
- Information needed for Presenting Tax Documentation
To conform to applicable accounting and tax legislation, we may need to submit other tax documentation of your personal data. To submit tax documentation, we may have to process your personal data, including but not limited to your foreign tax identification number, U.S. taxpayer identification number, date of birth, mailing address, permanent residence address, country of citizenship, and full name.