Recall what you have learned in the program thus far related to stress effects on the mental and physical body as well as what resilience is. Discuss why it is important to build psychological resilience in yourself in order to best meet the needs of your patients.
Write a 4–5 page paper addressing the following:
- What are the physical and mental effects of stress?
- What is psychological resilience, and why is it so important? (consider pathophysiology and coping skills)
- As a PMHNP, why is it important to build psychological resilience in yourself in order to best meet the needs of your patients?
- On a personal note, discuss a healthy coping mechanism that you have in place that will guide you to set healthy boundaries between work and home life as well as cope with stressful cases.
- What areas of improvement will you set as goals for yourself to work on for your own psychological resiliece
Review article before completing assignment